New to Crochetpreneur? Welcome!
There’s lots to see and explore here on Crochetpreneur! I didn’t want you to feel overwhelmed or lost, so take a deep breath, grab a cup of coffee and let me guide you through the next steps.
Start Here: Let’s Connect
- Join the Facebook Group: Crochet Entrepreneurs Collective. Jump in and join the collective! We’ve got a growing group of almost 1,000 crochet business owners who would love to support you in your creative biz owner’s journey. It’s not just another online crochet group full of time-sucking drama and self-promotion. Instead, we focus on growing your crochet business with tips, encouragement, and positivity. Our focus is connection and community – not competition. You can join us here.
- Don’t miss a thing. Subscribe to my weekly newsletter to receive exclusive content (and gifts), stay on top of the newest posts, patterns, and training opportunities, and be in the know about the latest happenings at Crochetpreneur. Of course, you can unsubscribe at any time.
The Lay of the Land
There are four categories of posts in the BLOG section, above:
- Business Basics: This is the information you’ll need as you’re starting and growing a handmade business. Some posts that might interest you are:
- 10 Free and Easy Ways for Makers to Build a Targeted Email List
- Know Your Customers: How to Quickly Connect with Your Buyer and Increase Sales
- How to Turn Your Hobby into a Thriving Handmade Business
- Prioritize Daily Tasks and Overcome Creative Paralysis
- How to Create Your Perfect Product Line
- Increase Craft Fair Profits When You Stop Doing These Things
- Radically Boost Your Bottom Line with Profit-Optimized Crochet Patterns
- Finally, a Crochet Pricing Strategy that Won’t Screw Up Your Bottom Line
- Why You Need to Stop Selling Crochet if You Want Your Business to Succeed
- The Ultimate List: 20+ Ways to Make Money with Your Awesome Crochet Skills
- An Impulsive’s Guide to Starting a Crochet Business Right Now
- Patterns: This is where you’ll find information on both free and premium crochet patterns. Here are some of my most popular
- A Maker’s Life: In this section, I’ll share with you stories of other successful maker/entrepreneurs, inspiration, random stories from this maker’s life behind the studio doors. I hope you’ll find some encouragement and motivation here as well.
- Blogging for Makers: Tips and tricks for starting your own profitable maker-blog.
Where Should I Start?
Like I mentioned before, there is information here for all kinds of crocheters, hobbyist and professionals alike. So, where should you start?
Hobby Crocheter: If you’re not interested in starting a crochet business, you will be most interested in the Patterns and A Maker’s Life sections.
Beginning Crochetpreneur: You’re just starting your business. Good for you! You will probably be hanging out in the Handmade Business Basics section the most. However, the Patterns section will come into play when it’s time to work on inventory. Then, you can grab a cup of coffee and a warm blanket and join us in A Maker’s Life for a little bit of inspiration and encouragement.
Seasoned Crochetpreneur: You’ve got your business well in hand. You’re just looking to learn something new or change things up a bit. You will probably find helpful direction in the Handmade Business Basics section. And you’re sure to find new designs to add to your collection in the Patterns area. And if you really want to kick things into high gear, check out Blogging for Makers and open your business up to a wider audience and varied streams of income!
Non-crocheting Maker – If you’re looking to start a business, you will find some helpful information in the Handmade Business Basics section. You can also find inspiration and encouragement in A Maker’s Life. If you’re wanting to purchase completed crochet projects, I have hats, gloves scarves and more available in my Etsy shop, Made with a Twist. Click HERE to shop.
For Everyone: This website is a place with a growing database of information, resources, and inspiration. I hope you find that you love it here and that you feel welcome. I am always grateful to hear from you with regard to your needs and desires for your business.
Please feel free to leave a comment or, better yet, join our community on Facebook where we can get to know one another better and we can all learn and grow together! You can find the Facebook group HERE.
Thank you so much for stopping by – please get cozy and stay a while!