You wear a lot of hats, right? I know you do!
You’re a wife, a mom – which also requires you to be a chef, a taxi driver, a housekeeper, a child development expert, a massage therapist, a counselor, a teacher, and chief bottle washer and a myriad of other things. You’re also a boss lady…meaning you’re not only an artisan, but a graphic designer, a web designer, a copywriter, a photographer, a marketer, a bookkeeper, and a shipping manager (and, again, a myriad of other things).
I’m simply in awe of you and everything you get done during the day.
So, trust me, when I talk about boosting productivity, I’m not talking about adding more things to your plate or saying that you’re lazy, irresponsible, or not doing it right. What I am saying is, “wouldn’t it be great if you could get your ‘have tos’ accomplished more quickly, so you can focus on the ‘want tos’?”
Wouldn’t it be great if you could eliminate those things that stop you in your tracks and take you off your path….killing your momentum every day?
Would you believe that it is possible to both DO more and PLAY more?
How can you possibly accomplish more but stress less? Wow, there’s a question.
Recently, my friend, Joey Vitale from Indie Law, shared how he boosts his momentum and productivity by enlisting a “NOT-to-do” list. When I read that, I thought, what a great idea!
I got to thinking, what are the things that I do that slow my momentum, decrease productivity and, ultimately, sidetrack me from my goals for myself and my business. I need to identify those things so I can stop them!
So, here it is, my NOT-to-do list for 2018.
- Like Joey, I will NOT check email or social media accounts first thing in the morning.
- I will NOT compare my designs, following, sales numbers, page views – heck, even my hairstyle, and age, to others in my field.
- I will NOT believe in the scarcity of resources that are, in fact, abundant.
- I will NOT say yes to everything, especially when the request presents a distraction from my ultimate goals.
- I will NOT compare my middle to someone else’s end.
- I will NOT be afraid to ask for help, to hire help, to let go just a little bit.
- I will NOT sign up for or follow every enticing course or guru who pops up on my Facebook feed.
- I will NOT take business advice offered by random strangers in Facebook groups.
- I will NOT complacently fall back on my intention to execute…I will execute.
- I will NOT let perfectionism keep me from moving forward.
- I will NOT sacrifice time with friends and family by working 80 hours a week.
- I will NOT try to walk someone else’s path.
Even though these statements are phrased in the negative, they feel so empowering, right?!
Are you ready to feel empowered and energized?
Let’s be honest, we all have our own favorite distractions, momentum killers, and time-sucks…things that take us off our path of happiness and success. What are yours?
Would you be willing to add them to your NOT-to-do list in order to move forward in your business? That’s my challenge to you and I’ll come back and we’ll check on our progress at the end of the quarter and see how these changes have propelled us toward our goals, Are you in?!
Won’t you share your thoughts in the comments? What you’re willing to commit to your NOT-to-do list this year?
Want to learn more about productivity and how I schedule my day? You might like these:
- The 10 Hour time Block Strategy by Rosemarie Groner of the Busy Budgeter
- Prioritize Daily Tasks and Overcome Creative Paralysis
- An Impulsive’s Guide to Starting a Crochet Business Right Now
Price Your Products Like the Pros
Includes: the exact formula I use to price my products for maximum sales and profit while attracting my ideal customer.