It’s day 7 of our 30 Days of Cozy and today Pam from Made with a Twist bring us this reversible infinity super scarf crochet pattern called Polly. OK, first off, let’s be honest…Pam from Made with a Twist is me, Pam from Crochetpreneur. So, I’ll just write in the first person, K?
When I first designed the Polly Reversible Beanie, I wanted to create a hat that had multiple uses and could be styled multiple ways. So, I created a hat that was reversible, could be worn slouchy or with the brim rolled up and with or without a pompom. One hat, eight ways….thus the name Poly….or Polly, just to be cheeky.
The free pattern for the Polly Beanie is over on the Made with a Twist blog, by the way.
Anyway, as I was deciding what to design for this project I thought a companion piece would be perfect. So, I created the Polly Reversible Infinity Super Scarf crochet pattern….how’s that for a mouthful?!
The super scarf is a two-toned scarf that is crocheted in different stitches on each side to create a piece with varied texture and aesthetic…and it looks amazing on. Just slip it over your head, twist, and go. The double-layer fabric keeps you warm and cozy all day long in even the harshest of weather and it looks great, too!
Are you ready to make your own?
Quick Links to Post Contents
❁ PATTERN DOWNLOADS
There are several ways you can access the pattern for this lovely Building Blocks Pillow:
- Follow along with the free pattern, below.
- Purchase the ad-free PDF pattern for the Polly Reversible Super Scarf on Etsy, or Ravelry.
- Purchase the 30 Days of Cozy Pattern Bundle that includes the Polly Reversible Super Scarf plus bonus patterns for the matching Polly Reversible Beanie and the Polly Fingerless Gloves and 37 other patterns for just $10.
The 30 Days of Cozy Pattern Bundle
One of the most unique aspects of the 30 Days of Cozy Guest Designer Program is that we’ve compiled all of the patterns (not just the free patterns, but the PREMIUM patterns), added some bonus accessories and complimentary crochet patterns, and bundled them together into one super-discounted, super-sized package just for you! Save 90% on all 30 Days of Cozy patterns with this incredible bundle!
When you purchase this bundle of digital patterns, you’ll receive the downloadable PDF pattern for the Polly Reversible Super Scarf AND it’s matching hat and gloves. Plus, you’ll get dozens more patterns, too. All of the 30 Days of Cozy patterns are included and available for immediate download.
600 yards total of 2 coordinating colors (size 4) worsted weight yarn
(I used one full skein each of Red Heart with Love in Pewter and Iced Aqua, 6 oz/170 g, 315 yards/288 m)
❁ STITCHES USED
- SK: skip a stitch
- SLST: slip stitch
- CH: chain
- SC: single crochet
- FSC: foundation single crochet
- DC: double crochet
❁ PATTERN DETAILS
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- Gauge: 4 stitches X 7 rows = 2” (5 cm) square
- Stitch used for gauge: Waistcoat stitch (see below for details)
- Construction: Worked in rounds.
- One size fits all adults
- Measurements: 51" x 5.5" (102" circumference) or 130 cm x 14 cm (260 cm circumference)
- No matter your skill level, I always suggest that you read through the pattern from beginning to end before beginning your work just to be sure you don’t have any questions that might cause frustration in the midst of your project.
- There are two sides to this scarf. The first, denser side is worked in waistcoat stitch and regular single crochets - this side will be the MC (it is the grey in the photo above). The other side is a looser, lacier stitch and worked in an offset grit stitch – this side will be the CC (it is the aqua in the photo above). Decide which of your colors will be the MC and the CC.
❁ TECHNIQUES USED
- Foundation Single Crochet: https://youtu.be/XuFVhhE37Os
- Waistcoat Stitch: https://youtu.be/ibfmdMq2Zyc
- Grit Stitch: *SC, DC in the next stitch* repeat
❁ POLLY REVERSIBLE INFINITY SUPER SCARF CROCHET PATTERN
With 10.00 mm hook
Rnd 1: Work 184 FSCs. Do not join. Instead, add a stitch marker to the first stitch worked and move along as you add rounds. Begin working Round 2 in the first FSC of round 1. (184 FSCs)
Rnds 2 - 5: SC in between the V stitch created by the first single crochet in the previous round. Continue working in this fashion working a SC into each stitch around. (184 SCs)
SINGLE CROCHET SECTION
Rnd 6: Instead of working into the V of the first stitch, skip over the first v and work a SC as you normally would - through the front and back loops. Continue in this fashion, working a SC into each stitch around. (184 SCs)
Rnds 7 - 11: SC in each stitch around. (184 SCs)
Rnds 12 – 16: SC in between the V stitch created by the first single crochet in the previous round. Continue working in this fashion working a SC into each stitch around. (184 SCs)
Finish off. Stitch the first and last stitches of the foundation row together to it makes a straight round. Tuck ends.
Turn the piece over so that you’ll be working the first round of CC in the foundation stitches that you worked in round 1.
Join CC with a SLST to any stitch of the foundation round.
Rnd 1: CH1, *SC in the first stitch, DC in the next stitch,* repeat from * to * 91 more times, around. Do not join here or throughout. (184 sts)
Add a stitch marker to your first stitch and move it up a row with each round.
Rnd 2 – 9 (or until width of CC matches width of MC): *SC in the first stitch, DC in the next stitch,* repeat from * to * 91 more times. (184 sts)
Fold in half with right sides facing out so that unworked edges of MC and CC match up.
Finish: Matching stitches, SLST CC Rnd 9 to MC Rnd 16.
Finish off. Tuck ends.
Enjoy you super scarf!
❁ ONCE YOUR PROJECT IS FINISHED
I know you're going to love making the Sirena's Cowl and I so look forward to seeing your finished product.
- Be sure to share photos on social media using the hashtag #30DaysofCozy and #PollySuperScarf so we can all see your project and give you all-the-hearts. 💖💖💖
I can't wait to see your creations!
Until then, stay cozy and keep on yarning. ♥
❁ ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Pam is the maker, designer, and blogger behind Made with a Twist and Crochetpreneur.com. She began crocheting at age 10 and published her first pattern in 2013 (39 years later, for those willing to do the math). Her designs are modern and super soft. She gets her inspiration from the colors and textures of the world around her. When she's not crocheting, you can find her caring for her grandson and camping with her husband, Kevin.
❁ ACTION STEPS
- Save this pin so you can find later
- Purchase the pattern bundle because it's an amazing deal.
- Sign up for the Crochetpreneur VIP Crocheter Newsletter so you don't miss any of the incredible happenings here on this site.
- Go check out all of Pam's designs at the Made with a Twist Shop
❁ MORE NECKWEAR PATTERNS YOU'LL LOVE