The Cozy Cowl encompasses simple stitches with bulky yarn making it an incredibly easy and fast project. With its lusciously soft faux fur crochet liner and twisted assembly, this cowl is not only one of the coziest accessories you’ll make this year but also one of the most uniquely designed. The pattern includes written instructions, for 3 different sizes, as well as a photo tutorial and video link for the assembly.
Are you ready to make your own?
Quick Links to Post Contents (click to jump to section)
❁ PATTERN DOWNLOADS
There are several ways you can access the pattern for this lovely Building Blocks Pillow:
- Follow along with the free pattern, below.
- Purchase the premium pattern which includes instructions for The Cozy Cowl in sizes to fit children, teens, and adults as well as a how-to to turn the cowl into a scarf.
- Purchase the 30 Days of Cozy Pattern Bundle that includes this premium pattern (The Building Blocks Pillow and Throw) and 39 other patterns for just $10.
The 30 Days of Cozy Pattern Bundle
One of the most unique aspects of the 30 Days of Cozy Guest Designer Program is that we’ve compiled all of the patterns (not just the free patterns, but the PREMIUM patterns), added some bonus accessories and complimentary crochet patterns, and bundled them together into one super-discounted, super-sized package just for you! Save 90% on all 30 Days of Cozy patterns with this incredible bundle!
When you purchase this bundle of digital patterns, you’ll receive the premium downloadable PDF pattern for The Cozy Cowl. Plus, you’ll get dozens more patterns, too. All of the 30 Days of Cozy patterns are included and available for immediate download.
But time is running out, the bundle goes away at midnight (US Eastern time) tonight! Claim your saving and get your bundle now.
❁ STITCHES & ABBREVIATIONS
- CH: chain
- SC: single crochet
- HDC: half-double crochet
- SLST: slip stitch
- MC: main color
- CC: contrasting color
- ST(S): stitch(es)
❁ PATTERN DETAILS
- Skill Level: Easy
- US Terminology
- Gauge: 9 stitches X 10 rows = 4” square - Stitch used for gauge: SC
- Size(s): Adult Large (other sizes available in premium and bundled pattern)
- Measurement(s): 5 inches X 26 inches
- No matter your skill level, I always suggest that you read through the pattern from beginning to end before beginning your work just to be sure you don’t have any questions that might cause frustration in the midst of your project.
- Lightly block, if desired, before Assembly
- CH are not counted as STS
- Bernat Pipsqueak and other faux fur yarns can be difficult to see the stitches, use a measuring tape to get the proper length.
- Using different yarn weights: CH an even number to desired width, repeat pattern to desired length.
- Turn cowl into a scarf: Repeat pattern to desired length (60 - 65 inches), do not twist during assembly.
❁ COZY REVERSIBLE COWL CROCHET PATTERN
With MC and 9mm size hook CH 12
ROW 1: SL ST in 3rd CH from hook, HDC in next ST, [SL ST in next ST, HDC in next ST] repeat [ ] till end of row. (10 STS)
ROW 2: CH 2, turn, SL ST in 1st ST, HDC in next ST, [SL ST in next ST, HDC in next ST], repeat [ ] till end of row. (10 STS)
ROW 3: Repeat Row 2 until 26 inches long, set aside *do not finish off* (10 STS)
With CC and 9mm size hook CH 10
ROW 1: SC in 2nd CH from hook, SC across row (9 STS)
ROW 2: CH 1, turn, SC across row (9 STS)
ROW 3: Repeat Row 2 till 26 inches, finish off and leave a long tail for sewing (9 STS)
Step 1: Add hook back to MC, CH 1, holding both fabrics together SC through both fabrics along the long side, finish off, weave in ends.
Step 2: Attach yarn to other long side and SC through both fabrics along the long side, finish off, leave long a tail for sewing.
Step 3: Twist fabric twice, whipstitch the MC/outer cowl closed, weave in ends.
Step 4: Turn cowl inside out, whipstitch the CC/inner liner closed, weave in ends.
❁ ONCE YOUR PROJECT IS FINISHED
I know you're going to love making this Cozy Cowl and I so look forward to seeing your finished product.
- Be sure to share photos on social media using the hashtag #30DaysofCozy so we can all see your project and give you all-the-hearts. 💖💖💖
I can't wait to see your creations!
Until then, stay cozy and keep on yarning. ♥
❁ ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Rebecca Laymon is a crocheter, knitter, pattern designer, and DIY crafter - mom of two amazing children, loving wife to a husband that has been her biggest supporter, and first-time blogger who is ready to share her love, knowledge, and experiences for all things crafty with other like-minded individuals.
Her goal is to share not just crochet and knitting patterns but also designer tips and tricks, Back 2 Basics tutorials, honest reviews for products - tools, accessories, materials, and patterns, DIY projects, and giveaways featuring some of her favorite crafty products.
Whether she is sharing a new pattern, reviewing the latest products, or trying her hand at a new DIY craft project, it's her dream to do all the crafty things she loves and be able to share her passion and knowledge with you, the crafting community.
❁ ACTION STEPS
- Save this pin so you can find later
- Purchase the pattern bundle because it's an amazing deal.
- Sign up for the Crochetpreneur VIP Crocheter Newsletter so you don't miss any of the incredible happenings here on this site.
- Go visit the designer's website and check out all her designs.
❁ MORE NECKWEAR PATTERNS YOU'LL LOVE