OH, JUST AS AN FYI, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS, VIEW MY DISCLOSURE POLICY HERE FOR DETAILS. FAIR WARNING: IT'S LONG AND BORING, BUT IT DOES THE TRICK.
Welcome to 30 Days of Cozy!
Starting today, the Crochetpreneur blog will be featuring on free crochet pattern a day throughout the month of November. My hope is to introduce you to new designers, new designs and, even, new crochet techniques…..all just in time for holiday gifting.
We’re kicking things off with this amazing Sirena’s Chunky Cowl from Jennifer Orengo of Jennae’s DIY Studio. This two-color chunky winter cowl crochet pattern works up quickly with bulky yarn and a 6mm hook. It has such a unique look, I just love it! Take a peek.
Are you ready to make your own?
Quick Links to Post Contents (click to jump to section)
❁ PATTERN DOWNLOADS
If you’d like an ad-free printable version of Jennae’s pattern, the premium pattern, or the pattern for the fingerless gloves, take these links to purchase from Jennae’s shop.
- Follow along with the free pattern for Sirena’s Cowl, below.
- Purchase the ad-free, PDF printable pattern for Sirena’s Cowl on Ravelry and Sirene’s Fingerless Gloves on Ravelry.
- Main Color 3 skeins of 1 braid
- Contrast Color 3 skeins of 1 braid
- CC = Contrast Color
- Ch = Chain(s)
- Ch sp = Chain space
- MC = Main Color
- Rep = Repeat
- Rnd(s) = Round(s)
- Sc = Single crochet
- Sl st = Slip stitch
- Sk = skip
- Sp S-st = Special Shell stitch = 2 dc, ch, 2 dc
- St(s) = Stitch(es) V-st = V-stitch = dc, ch, dc
❁ PATTERN DETAILS
- Size: One size fit most adults. Approx 24″ around the neck and 8″ tall (top to bottom).
- Gauge: 15 double crochets X 7 rows = 4″ square
- Before working, read all the pattern for better understanding.
- When working in rounds, each row is worked with a different color.
- Leave the color behind and work the round with the color assigned. Repeat this for all rows.
- Weave ends when finished.
❁ MAKE YOUR SIRENA’S COWL
With MC ch 90.
Working in rnd.
Row 1: Make sure to not twist the ch. Sl st on first ch to make a circle. Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc inside the back bump of each ch. This will give you a better look on your cowl.
Row 2: With CC sl st in first dc. Ch 3, [1 dc, ch 1, 2 dc] in same space as sl st (sp s-st created), ch 1. *Sk 5 dc, sp s-st in next sc, ch 1*. Rep * to *. Sl st in ch space, sl st on top of dc, sl st in next space.
Row 3: With MC *ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch 1, v-st inside 3rd dc from row below*. Rep * to *. Ch 1.
Row 4: With CC sl st on top of sc. *Sp s-st inside the v-st space, ch 1*. Rep * to *.
Row 5: With MC sl st, ch 3, 1 dc in sc (v-st created). *Ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch 1, v-st inside sc from row below.* Rep * to *. Ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch1.
Row 6: With CC sl st inside v-st. [Ch 3, 1 dc, ch 1, 2 dc] in same space as sl st (sp s-st created). Ch 1, *sp s-st inside next v-st, ch 1*. Rep * to *. Sl st in ch space, sl st on top of dc, sl st in next space.
Row 7: With MC. *Ch 1, sc in space of sp s-st, ch 1, v-st inside sc from row below*. Rep * to *. Ch 1.
Row 8 to 19: Rep rows 4 to 7, 3 more times.
Row 20: Sl st inside on top of sc. Ch 3, dc inside ch 1 spaces, on top of every dc and sc. Sl st on top dc, ch 1.
Fasten off and weave all ends.
Optional: Sew the tag. I used the MC to attach it to the cowl. (Click here to find the perfect tags for your project.)
❁ ONCE YOUR PROJECT IS FINISHED
I know you’re going to love making the Sirena’s Cowl and I so look forward to seeing your finished product.
- Be sure to share photos on social media using the hashtag #30DaysofCozy so we can all see your project and give you all-the-hearts. 💖💖💖
I can’t wait to see your creations!
Until then, stay cozy and keep on yarning. ♥
❁ ABOUT THE DESIGNER
Jennifer is the creative mastermind behind Jennae’s DIY Studio. She began crocheting 27 years ago and published her first pattern in 2013. Her designs are unique and playful and she gets her inspiration from nature’s colors and kids play. When she’s not crocheting, you can find her sharing health and fitness tips and making memories with her family. You can find more of her work on her website at www.jdiystudio.com.
❁ ACTION STEPS
- Save this pin so you can find later
- Purchase the pattern bundle because it’s an amazing deal.
- Sign up for the Crochetpreneur VIP Crocheter Newsletter so you don’t miss any of the incredible happenings here on this site.
- Go visit the designer’s website and check out all her designs.
- Get new product tags that you’ll love.
- Find Caron® x Pantone™ Yarns.